Introductory Practical Philosophy
The first course
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why? For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers.
Enrol today for the summer term, beginning Monday 27th April.
- Available evenings Monday to Thursday, and Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Over ten weekly sessions you’ll consider philosophical ideas and questions relevant to all our lives
- Evening sessions include a light supper and refreshments (for a reasonable cost)
- Saturday sessions include a mid-morning refreshments break (with a small charge for tea/coffee)
- Half-term will be from 24th to 30th May
Read our FAQs
4. The present moment
Where: 11 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ
What we’ll cover in this session
Living in the now, mindfulness.
What is the potential of the present moment?
We review our own experience of attention through a model featuring attention centred, captured, open and scattered, and how these each relate to the past, present and future.
We examine the extraordinary brightness and freedom naturally available in the present moment. A straightforward practice is introduced to help us experience this more frequently.