Introductory Practical Philosophy
The first course
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why? For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers.
Enrol today for the summer term, beginning Monday 27th April.
- Available evenings Monday to Thursday, and Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Over ten weekly sessions you’ll consider philosophical ideas and questions relevant to all our lives
- Evening sessions include a light supper and refreshments (for a reasonable cost)
- Saturday sessions include a mid-morning refreshments break (with a small charge for tea/coffee)
- Half-term will be from 24th to 30th May
Read our FAQs
7. The light of reason
Where: 11 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ
What we’ll cover in this session
What is reason?
How can it enrich our lives?
We look at the philosopher Shankara’s notion that reason is the ability to discern the transient from the eternal, the changing from the unchanging. This leads to the question what, in our experience, can actually be said to be unchanging?
Suggestions are given to help further consideration of this question during the coming week.