Introductory Practical Philosophy
The first course
Do any of us really know who we are? Or why? For thousands of years, philosophy has been searching for answers.
Enrol today for the summer term, beginning Monday 27th April.
- Available evenings Monday to Thursday, and Wednesday and Saturday mornings
- Over ten weekly sessions you’ll consider philosophical ideas and questions relevant to all our lives
- Evening sessions include a light supper and refreshments (for a reasonable cost)
- Saturday sessions include a mid-morning refreshments break (with a small charge for tea/coffee)
- Half-term will be from 24th to 30th May
Read our FAQs
10. The desire for truth
Where: 11 Mandeville Place, W1U 3AJ
What we’ll cover in this session
What is truth?
How does the desire for truth show itself?
Practical philosophy is about discovering the truth of things – not theoretically, but in our own experience.
In this final session we look back and ask ourselves how our search for truth has fared as the term has progressed. We discuss what has been discovered and how, in our own way, we may continue to develop it in our daily lives.